15 April 2010

Technological Literacy Autobiography

15 April 2010

Decision time: whao-I want to do some much other than what the paramitors of the assignment given  us.
My immediate desire is to have a page I can use after the semester ends for my personal promotion of works in progress, autobiography etc. Thau suggessed I stick to the topic to get the web site working and then add my other desires at a later time. I don't have a clue at the moment as the way to do this. Much of my tech experience was forming an international company that dealt with the composting of Hospital, Military basis, Universities and Municipal buildings. So I am thinking because the business originaly created a web site that an interested customer could click into the home page and the click on any information or projects that were works in progress or complete. Other items as shipping, international rules for import export, that would make the propecttive customer comfortable with the product. As to pictures and items, I have many of the adds, projects and technology that was used. Including a kids book on worms published in the Canadian National Library. I have several patents as well on that technology. This may be off the point?

Perhaps this could be my opposition to wanting to learn about the internet at the time, I would just hire people or have my secretary show me something. I fought the new technology in as sense it was over my head, and that it took to much of my time when I could be writing the articles or be in the field.

I would hope that I can turn this web site into something useful at a later time. COMMENTS 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like this could be an almost interactive autobiography, wherein the reader can click through different parts of your story and journey to internet usage. I can see it going somewhere, but I understand how one can get overwhelmed with the assignment requirements. Hopefully we can talk more in class to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert ~

    I'm with Dio - try an associative autobiography, a mish mash of links to your creative work, your photos, your old and new company websites. We, as readers, can meander through the links and experience your life as a series of flash backs and flash forwards.

    This might be a good place to include all of the stuff you wrote for your rough draft of your Tech Lit Autobiog but cut out for you final draft (mostly stories about your family). That might fit wonderfully well here. Tiffany is going to use a bunch of questions she cut out of her research paper in her website. Isn't it nice to be able to use saved text?

    ~ Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual I cannot figure how to make a new post on this site

    ReplyDelete